Local Improvement District 19-E-3 first met in April 1906, became the Eagle Creek LID the following year and was incorporated as the Rural Municipality of Eagle Creek No. 376 in 1909. It sent delegates to the 1908 S.A.R.M. convention.
The R.M. consists of seven full townships and parts of four more; the North Saskatchewan River forms the Northern boundary. Livestock and grain are the main industry. The 595 residents live on farms and acreages and in the hamlets of Arelee, Struan and Sonningdale. Council consists of a Reeve and Six Councillors and since 1935, an office in the Hamlet of Arelee.
The Eagle Creek flows through the municipality and empties into the North Saskatchewan River. The Eagle Creek Regional Park is situated on the banks of the Eagle Creek in the South East part of the municipality.