Local Improvement District 19-E-3 first met in April 1906, became the Eagle Creek LID the following year and was incorporated as the Rural Municipality of Eagle Creek No. 376 in 1909. It sent delegates to the 1908 S.A.R.M. convention.
The R.M. consists of seven full townships and parts of four more; the North Saskatchewan River forms the Northern boundary. Livestock and grain are the main industry. The 595 residents live on farms and acreages and in the hamlets of Arelee, Struan and Sonningdale. Council consists of a Reeve and Six Councillors and since 1935, an office in the Hamlet of Arelee.
The Eagle Creek flows through the municipality and empties into the North Saskatchewan River. The Eagle Creek Regional Park is situated on the banks of the Eagle Creek in the South East part of the municipality.
RM of Eagle Creek #376
As of 11 October 2023
Gravelling is still underway. Use caution on freshly gravelled roads and around the gravel trucks. Observe 60 KPH when passing maintenance equipment and personnel.
Please report observed road hazards to the Divisional Councillor or Reeve.
The RM will be entering into a rental agreement for a Cat Grader for a month while the 2018 grader was under warranty repair. The grader has returned to service. Now the 2021 Grader is under warranty repair. The rental may be extended if required.